Video Assignment FAQs
How to upload my video that I made to YouTube?
- Go to Youtube.com and sign in. If you do not have one, create one on the upper right hand corner where it says "SIGN IN".
- Click Upload.
- Before selecting your files, set the privacy settings to Unlisted which will only allow users who have the link to watch your video.
- Next, you can click to select video files or drag and drop them to begin uploading:
a. To select a video file, hover the pointer to the icon and it will turn from grey to red. Click the icon. Then select your video file to upload.
b. To drag and drop your video from your local computer, press down the left mouse button and drag the file from your computer to the screen until the area turns green. Then release the mouse button to drop the video to your YouTube account.
- During the uploading process, you can create a title and description for the video. You can also see your privacy settings, which is set to Unlisted.
- Once the processing is complete and you finish editing the title and description, click Done.
How to embed video in Blackboard textbox editor?
Follow the steps below to embed your YouTube video in a textbox such as in a Discussion Board thread, Journal or Blog entry, depending on your assignment requirements.
- On the bottom left of the format text editor, click on the red icon as seen below.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click Sign in to YouTube button to log into your YouTube account. Your username is the same as your Gmail account. If your browser does not allow pop-ups, you can allow them with a few steps as shown in the linked article: Allow Pop-Ups.
- Click Browse on the upper left-hand corner. Your unlisted video is displayed.
- Press Insert for the video you would like to post.
- Select the appearance option for your video. There are three options:
- Play In Place: Video will play on the current screen. You can resize the video (We recommend 300 by 255 or higher). Once posted, viewers can view the video within your post.
- Thumbnail: A small image of the video will appear on the post. Viewers can click on the thumbnail, and a new window will appear to display the video.
- Insert Link: This is more preferred for sending email to users outside of Blackboard.
- Click Insert and the video will be inserted in the text editor.
- Click Post Entry or Submit depending on the tool you are using. The video will be displayed in a Journal or Blog entry or a Discussion Board post.