Assistant Professor of Theatre, Tom Marion Receives a PSC CUNY Traditional-A grant
- To provide high quality programming for Black History Month 2016 at established NY institutional venues. A high quality production will demand a performance capable of filling a traditional theater stage.
- To strengthen the institution of York College through greater community involvement and artistic recognition.
- To educate and inspire audiences, including my students in oral interpretation of prose and poetry, and serve as academic reinforcement for the York College Speech discipline in general, and all “Speech Across the Curriculum” classes throughout our CUNY system.
- To offer professional opportunities and experience to York College graduates as performers, stage manager, and/or backstage crew.
- In the long run, a successful production could serve to create groundwork toward future funding and future projects as an outreach theatre in coordination with York College, Department of Performing and Fine Arts. A successful production will be assessed by venue or institutional acknowledgement, attendance, and audience feedback. The ultimate goal is to create a permanent professional outreach theatre called The Language Lab Theatre at York College.