1. What kind of programs do you offer?
We offer two main types of programs. One is S3 Immersion for students who need to pass their skills tests to enroll at York College or to achieve scores high enough to be placed in a required math class. The second type is SEP which offers workshops before the beginning of a semester for required science classes - biology, chemistry, physics - because students often have trouble earning good grades in those classes.
2. Do your workshops earn credits or affect GPA or financial aid?
3. Is attendance required in your workshops?
4. What happens if I cannot complete or do not pass the workshop?
If you do not complete and pass the writing and reading workshops and you are not an ESL student, you will not be allowed to enroll at York College
If you do not complete and pass the elementary algebra workshop and test, you will not be allowed to enroll at York College.
If you do not complete and score high enough on the college algebra workshop and test, you will not be able to take your required math class.
If you do not complete your SEP biology, chemistry or physics preparation workshop, you will not have the additional knowledge and skills to help you do better in your required science class.
5. Who teaches these workshops?
All instructors are York College or CUNY professors or they have been approved by York College's academic departments.
6. What if I am an ESL student?
ESL students must be advised by the ESL/CLIP director in the Science Building, Room SC -114. Based on student level, the director can refer a student to enroll in a workshop in the S3 Immersion Program.
7. What if I am a SEEK student?
All SEEK students must go to the SEEK Office, Room AC-1C08.The SEEK Program offers its own workshops.
8. How many times am I allowed to take a workshop and/or re-take a required test?
Students are allowed to repeat a workshop and re-test. Generally speaking students can repeat a workshop three times between April and July, and two times between November and January.
9. When and where do I register?
Generally speaking, registration for spring/summer workshops begins in March and for fall/winter workshops begins in October. All registration takes place in Room 1C17 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
10. How do I find out more information?
To get more information, you can:
- Come to Room 1C17
- Call 718-262-2321 or 2320.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org