The Budget Office duties include the administration of the annual Operating Budget received from the University Budget Office and the allocation of monies to all college departments and programs to meet their annual obligations. Another primary function is to monitor budgetary performance in achieving the college’s financial and academic goals and to ensure that the college remains within the constraints of the Operating Budget each fiscal year.
The Budget Office consults with each administrator of the college’s five divisions to adequately manage the departments and programs at the College. The office also develops forecasts and monitors the budget throughout the fiscal year to make sure that departments and programs maintain a positive cash balance between resources and expenditures. The office also provides resource and expenditure information to both the University Budget Office and members of the College community for decision-making purposes.
Presently, on this site, you will find the following information:
- Budget Office staff contact information
- Information for running queries in the CUNYfirst system for obtaining both budget and expenditure information on your department or program
- Chatfield tables
- Budget transfer form (Online)
- Budget transfer form (PDF)
- FY16 Certificate Schedule
- Authorization to Fill a Vacancy
- 2017 Budget Submission Process
- 2017 Budget Submission Template
- FY2017 Senior College Allocation Calendar
- Other information as it becomes available
Our Mission is to:
- Provide customers with a framework for estimating the cost of day-to-day operations and new initiatives.
- Maintain a spending and revenue plan that supplies appropriate resources for the academic and operational goals of the University while providing flexibility for new needs and changes in external conditions.
- Report actual results during the year, assign specific accountability for each target, and re-forecast actual results on a periodic basis.
- Assist Vice President’s and Director’s in evaluating original budget plans, alternative scenarios, and quantify these results in standard budget formats.
- Seek efficiencies in operations and opportunities for resource enhancement.
- Monitor actual results on a regular basis and update forecasts accordingly. Present and quantify various scenarios for response to variance from budget.