Student Message from Provost Meleties
Welcome to the Fall 2015 Term!
The first day of classes was Thursday, August 27, 2015 and as a student, there a few announcements you must be aware of:
- Please make sure that you are registered for the correct courses that will fulfill your degree requirements (major and general education/Pathways). Check your academic major [Plan] on your CUNY first account. Also, students are encouraged to access the Degree Audit located on the Student Center homepage to view the placement of course selections within their degree program.
- Attend the correct sections of your enrolled course(s) in the designated room, time and the instructor assigned by the Office of the Registrar. You can access this information on CUNYFIRST, Student Center.
- If you plan to and/or receiving financial aid, you must log on to FACTS (Financial Aid Certification Tracking System) via your CUNYFIRST student self-service page (tab to Advising Report), to make certain your Fall 2015 courses are eligible for aid. Brochures on how to access FACTS are available through the campus student offices and poster boards placed around the campus.
- Any changes in your registration/enrollment to meet financial aid requirements must be processed on/or before 11:59 pm on Wednesday September 2, 2015 to determine whether you may be eligible for full-time (TAP) or part-time (APTS) award.
- If you need to change your courses, you must do so no later than Wednesday September 2, 2015. This must be processed in CUNY first to become effective for Fall 2015.
- The CUNY first system will be available for students to drop/add/swap courses until 11:59 pm, on Wednesday September 2, 2015.
- The late registration fee of $25.00 and program change fee of $18.00 apply for any late registration and program changes on or after August 27, 2015.
- If you need to change and/or declare a major, you must submit your request to the Office of the Registrar no later than Wednesday, September 16, 2015 to be effective for Fall 2015. The Change of Major form is available online via the Office of the Registrar homepage.
- Students in the professional programs must have the signature of the program director’s approval prior to submission to the Office of the Registrar for a major [Plan] update. Without the program director’s approval, the Office of the Registrar will not be able to update your major which may have an impact on your financial aid awards.
Best wishes for an exciting and successful academic term.