- T.K. Blue – Alto Saxophonist
- T.K. Blue, also known as Talib Kibwe has released his 9th CD as a leader entitled "Latin Bird", which has received rave reviews and critical acclaim.
- What Performance Performing and Fine Arts student featured Public Performing Arts
- When Mar 23, 2012 11:00 PM to Mar 24, 2012 01:00 AM (UTC / UTC0)
- Where Performing Art Center
- Contact Phone 718-262-2559
- Attendees Suggested contribution: $10.00
- Add event to calendar iCal
He took lesson form Billy Mitchell, the legendary tenor saxophonist with Count Basie and Dizzy Gillespie, eventually pursuing music as a career after receiving a full academic scholarship to New York University, where he began playing soprano & alto saxophone. He earned a bachelor’s degree in both music and psychology. TK Blue went on to earn a master’s degree in music education from Teacher’s College at Columbia University.
He received a commission from the NYSCA and Transart Inc. to compose a piece of music dedicated to the early African-American presence in the Hudson Valley area of upstate New York. T.K. chose to write a suite based on the life of Solomon Northup and his book Twelve Years a Slave.