Eligibility Criteria and Guidelines
- Students must be currently registered at York College and be in good standing. (Good standing refers to the absence of blocks on your record, e.g., financial aid, library, bursar, etc. and no disciplinary record).
- To be eligible a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.8 at York College is required during the submission of the application and at the time that travel begins.
- Applicant must have fully completed a minimum of 45 credits, of which at least 15 credits must have been fully completed at York College.
- Funding support of up to sixty (60) percent of the total allowable Study Abroad expense may be provided, not to exceed $3,000.00. Applicants are encouraged to apply to other sources to help defray travel related expenses.
- Completed applications must be received by: May 1st (for Fall semester travel), November 1st (for Winter travel), December 1st (for Spring semester travel), and April 1st (for Summer travel).
- The program will fund only one Study Abroad experience per academic year (August – July).
- Students may be funded for a maximum of two Study Abroad experiences while enroll at the college.
- Students who meet or will meet graduation requirements before the Study Abroad activity takes place are not eligible for funding.
- Students will be required to submit a report and make a presentation to the York College Association upon return from their experiences.
A complete application consists of the following materials
- A completed Study Abroad Scholarship Application Form below.
- A 300 word narrative statement describing how your Study Abroad experience would enhance your overall educational experience. (Narrative must be typed in Times Roman font size 12 and must be double spaced).
- A letter of recommendation from a York College faculty, a vice president, dean or unit head, who is familiar with your educational experience at the college.
- An unofficial York College transcript. Transcripts will be verified by the selection committee.
- A signed Waiver and Release Form and proof of travelers’ insurance are required. If a Waiver and Release Form has already been submitted to the Study Abroad program you will be attending, a copy of the waiver will suffice; if not, please include an original waiver with your application.
- Students must provide printed documentation of acceptance about the Study Abroad opportunity (and any other relevant details etc.).
- Final approval of this award is subject to your acceptance into the Study Abroad program to which you have applied. Study Away programs must be pre-approved by the appropriate academic department.
Please note that applications that are missing any of the above information will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.